Get Out The Vote Campaign!
Get Out The Vote Campaign Overview
Get Out The Vote Campaign
It is no secret that elected officials respond to neighborhoods and communities where more people are registered to vote and vote. This year’s election will have profound conseques on Theodore Roosevelt High School Cluster schools and the local community.
Windcrest/Northeast Bridge Builders is a registered Section 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation operated by local community leaders, business leaders, and concerned citizens who share the goal of ensuring that students attending Roosevelt Cluster schools strive for and achieve excellence in their academic, social, and professional endeavors. This year marks the 55th anniversary of the passage of the Voting Rights Act. In rememberance and in honor of that momentous piece of legislation, Bridge Builders is honored to announce its launch of the 2020 Get Out The Vote Campaign.
The Campaign will consist of two components: (1) a scholarship essay/video competition in which one Roosevelt High School senior will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship, see Exhibit A; and (2) voter education and outreach campaign, see Exhibit B.
Windcrest/Northeast Bridge Builders is offering two $1,000 scholarship to the Theodore Roosevelt High School senior who best demonstrates the importance of voting and/or their plans to get their eligible classmates, friends, and/or family members to the polls in a 500-word essay and/or a video no longer than two-minutes.
- Application and Essay – Scholarship applicants must:
- Submit: (1) a completed Scholarship Application (a copy of which is attached hereto as Exhibit A), and (2) a 500-word essay and/or a video no longer than two-minutes addressing the imporance of voting and/or your plans to get your eligible classmates, friends, and/or family members to the polls.
- The essay must be typed. Further, the essay and/or videos must be originally authored and/or directed by each applicant.
- Though NOT REQUIRED, each applicant may submit one letter of recommendation from a Roosevelt High School teacher, coach, or administrator, and/or a one-page resume describing pertinent extracurricular activities, work experience, etc.
- Submit the application materials to Bridge Builders via electronic mail to Alan Sanchez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The application must be submitted by 5:00 PM on Friday, October 2, 2020. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The application and essays will be judged by the Bridge Builders Annual Scholarship Committee, who, in their sole discretion, will make the final determination as to the winner of this year’s scholarship. The winner will be announced the second-week of October. That student will be presented with the scholarship check at the Bridge Builders Annual Golf Tournament, which will take place in the spring of 2021, at Windcrest Golf Club, 8600 Midcrown Dr., San Antonio, TX 78239.
- Eligibility Requirements – Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible to receive the Annual Scholarship:
- Each applicant must be a current Roosevelt High School senior.
- Each applicant must demonstrate proof of an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
(click link below for application)
Voter Registration and Voting Information
Registration – Key Dates, Deadlines, & Information
- Key Dates & Deadlines (General Voting & Absentee)
- Registration Deadline – Monday, October 5, 2020
- Absentee Ballot Request Deadline – Friday, October 23, 2020
- How To Register To Vote
- Step 1 – Check whether you are registered online at: https://teamrv-mvp.sos.texas.gov/MVP/mvp.do.
- Step 2 – If you are not registered, you must:
- Print out a voter registration application at: ; and
- Mail the application to the Bexar County Voter Registar’s Office at: 1103 S. Frio, Suite 100, San Antonio, TX 78207.
Voting (General & Early Voting) – Key Dates, Deadlines, & Voting Information
- Key Dates & Deadlines
- General Election (In-person Voting) – Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- Early Voting Dates – Tuesday, October 13, 2020 – Friday, October 31, 2020
- Absentee Ballot Return Deadline – Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- How To Vote
- Step 1 – Go to the “precinct” (i.e. location within the county identified on your voting registration certificate) during voting hours. The following are notable local precincts:
Takas Civic Center
(410 & Harry Wurzbach)
Universal City Library
9310 Jim Seal Dr.
Windcrest, TX 78239
4134 Harry Wurzbach
San Antonio, TX 78209
|100 Northview Dr Universal City TX 78148|
- Step 2 – When you arrive at the polls, present one of the seven acceptable forms of photo ID: (i) Texas drivers license, Texas election ID certificate, (iii) Texas personal ID card; (iv) Texas handgun license; (v) U.S. Citizenship certificate with photo; (vi) U.S. Military ID card with photo; or (vii) U.S. passport.
- Step 3 – Vote for the candidate of your choice.